The University of Puget Sound is dedicated to the academic and athletic advancement of all student-athletes. The mission of the University of Puget Sound Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting oppurtunity, protecting student-athlete well-being and fostering a positive student-athlete image to the campus and community. The SAAC supports the core values of the University of Puget Sound.
- To promote communication between athletics administration and student athletes
- To promote and address the concerns and needs of Puget Sound student-athletes
- To actively promote and support Puget Sound athletics
- To provide programs for student-athletes that will encourage academic achievement, health promotion and social responsibility
- To develop and maintain social interaction and a sense of community between athletic teams
- To enhance the image of student-athletes on campus and in the community by encouraging involvement of student-athletes in campus and community projects
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed NCAA legislation
Memberships shall consist of two representatives from each of the men's and women's varsity athletics teams. Each member serves as a liason between the committee and his or her individual athletics team. Each team shall be entitled to a single vote in all matters before the committee.